Pharmacy, as one of the foundations of the healthcare system, has a huge impact on societal living standards. A pharmacist’s job description has evolved from that of a simple drug dispenser to one that includes medical counseling, education, research, medical management expertise, etc. Many ethical principles have been incorporated into pharmacy education, which has ultimately led to the creation of trustworthy and moral pharmacists. Sources claim that Banaras Hindu University started offering pharmacy education early in 1932. Since then, pharmacy education has undergone diverse changes to provide quality education on a variety of topics, including industrial pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, clinical practices, conventional systems of medicine, etc. In this blog, let us examine the significance of B Pharmacy in the modern healthcare system.
What is a Bachelor of Pharmacy all about?
A course leading to an undergraduate degree in pharmacy is called a Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.). It all revolves around preserving a standard level of health and living for individuals. Because of the many job choices, increased professional advancement, awards, and recognition available in this varied and exciting subject, it is one of the most sought-after degrees in the healthcare sector. This four-year degree course is, however, offered by different B Pharma colleges in Jaipur, and it covers a wide range of topics like:
- Drug Synthesis
- Dosage Formulation
- Chemical, Instrumental, and preclinical analyses
- Drug Marketing, drug patenting, and many more.
B Pharmacy is an employment-focused course in India. According to India’s Economic Survey 2021, the domestic market is expected to increase three times in ten years. 58,000 new jobs are anticipated to be generated by 2025 as the Indian pharmaceutical business is likely to increase by up to 45%, despite mounting hurdles.
What is the significance of B Pharmacy in the Current Healthcare System?
The ample opportunities available for B.Pharmacy graduates highlight the significance and the various ways through which this degree can contribute to the healthcare industry. A few of those important roles in healthcare sectors include the following:
- Pharmacist: You can work as a hospital or community pharmacist with a B. Pharmacy degree. Local pharmacists employed at retail pharmacies and medicine stores are referred to as community pharmacists. Their primary duty is to carefully examine the doctor’s prescription before dispensing medication to the general population. The hospital pharmacists oversee the hospital’s internal pharmacy and must deliver medications to nurses in accordance with the doctor’s orders. Additionally, they also manage other pharmacy employees, handle inventory, track drugs dispersed, maintain a prescription book, and make reports to hospital management as needed. Attaining a degree from the B Pharma colleges in Jaipur can give you a better insight into the roles and responsibilities performed by the community and hospital pharmacists.
- Drug Inspector: One of the most lucrative career options for graduates with a Bachelor’s in pharmacy is drug inspector. They conduct unexpected inspections of pharmacies, drug manufacturing facilities, pharmaceutical enterprises, and laboratories to evaluate the caliber of the goods produced and distributed by these businesses. Additionally, a drug inspector can issue certifications, grant or renew a drug license, and apply fines and penalties if the producer is responsible for the production of fake or similar goods.
- R&D Scientist: One of the most sought-after positions in the pharmaceutical sector is research and development scientist. A very difficult aspect of an R&D scientist’s job is creating and testing new medications, reassessing existing medications and developing improved versions, researching, developing, and introducing new vaccines, conducting animal and human trials, writing case studies for medical journals, and other tasks.
- Medical Representative: The Medical Representatives generally serve as a conduit between pharmaceutical corporations and medical personnel. Traveling and meeting highly skilled and reputable members of the medical community, such as doctors and other healthcare professionals, are both perks of this job. Their main duty is to introduce medications, treatments, and services produced by their company to the appropriate physician and to create demand for their goods.
- Medical Content Writer: Medical content writing is a career option if you enjoy writing and have a strong command of the written word. To write articles, blogs, and scientific reports on medical breakthroughs, reviews, and write-ups for their journals and websites, many news organizations, medical journals, online print media, and website owners look for writers with a background in pharmacy or science who have a thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Your writing abilities can be emphasized while attending one of the top B Pharma colleges in Jaipur.
The before mentioned facts demonstrate that B. Pharmacy programs give students the technical medical competence they need to pursue employment in the healthcare industry, the pharmaceutical business, research labs, etc. by determining the job options available for B. Pharmacy graduates.
Important reasons for pursuing a Bachelor of Pharmacy
In view of the so-far discussed realities, three crucial justifications for enrolling in this course are outlined below:
- Urge to play a major role in the healthcare team: All healthcare teams benefit from the crucial and significant contributions of pharmacists. The results of research on pharmacists have consistently demonstrated that they are among the most crucial members of the healthcare team. By providing drugs for the treatment of numerous illnesses. You would play a significant role in the healthcare system if you choose to pursue a career in pharmacology. You will be equipped with the skills necessary to operate in the healthcare industry from the B Pharma colleges in Rajasthan.
- Secure but flexible career: A pharmacy bachelor’s degree will guarantee steady employment for the duration of your career. With a degree, you might find employment as a pharmacist with a license anywhere in the nation. You also have the option of setting your working hours. For instance, you can have your pharmacy open every day of the year. As an alternative, you can choose to work a night shift or in the emergency wing. Since there is such a great need for pharmacists, there is a lot of freedom in this field. The B Pharma colleges in Jaipur can provide you with the greatest advice for a career that is both secure and adaptable.
- Willingness to work with patients: After earning your B Pharm degree, you will have a wide range of employment options. However, the majority of those around you will be patients. So, with a B.Pharmacy, you can treat patients for asthma, offer cholesterol checks, blood pressure checks, advice on quitting smoking, manage diabetes, perform bone density scans, etc.
As a B Pharmacy graduate in India, you can obtain pharma work at reputable companies. There are many open positions; all it takes to stand out is the proper set of abilities, commitment, and employer to secure a job, which you can acquire from the top-listed B Pharma colleges in India.
Read Also: When’s the Right Time to Get an MBA?
Best B. Pharmacy college in India
Arya College Jaipur provides in-depth knowledge to students enrolling for their B. Pharmacy programs. With an enhanced curriculum, this college enables students to fully comprehend the subject’s insights and fundamental structure. The college has specially qualified professors who can teach you all the pharmaceutical principles with the greatest simplicity. Additionally, it frequently holds workshops, seminars, and other programs to support students’ career development. Also, it regularly conducts recruitment drives to guarantee the students’ employability.
We may sum up by saying that a career in pharmacy is a flexible one with a variety of dimensions. And is full of opportunities and challenges. India has the potential to turn into a global leader in the Pharmaceutical sector. So, picking a career/path at the proper time will expand your opportunities for success. B. Pharmacy may be the perfect choice for those prospective candidates who want to test their technical and scientific knowledge.
👉What are the factors that you should check before applying to Pharmacy colleges?
Some of the things to look for in pharmacy colleges are:
- Location of the college
- Fee structure
- Experienced and Skilled Faculty
👉Which study programs you can pursue after completing your B. Pharmacy?
The list of courses you can check out upon completion of a B. Pharm degree includes M. Pharmacy, Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmacy Practice, and Drug store Management. MBA in Pharmaceutical Management, Diploma in Clinical Research, Diploma in Drugstore Management, M.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, etc.
👉Is NEET a prerequisite for B Pharmacy?
NEET is not a mandatory requirement for admission to B Pharmacy, but candidates must have a 10+2 in science with mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology. Students can also apply for entrance examinations like GPAT, NTA, BHU-CET, BITSAT, etc for enrolling in this program.
👉How does a pharmacist contribute to the promotion of health?
At the community level, pharmacists can also encourage wellness by delivering information on food and fitness, and administering stop-smoking programs, They are also giving substance addiction presentations. In addition to educating people about the significance of taking prescriptions properly.